Joanna Piano Subscription
Who is this for?
Adults, teens and older children (9 upwards).
Younger children may also access some of the content if supported by an adult.
What standard do I need to be?
The resources are targeted at absolute beginners and students in their first year or two of study.
Due to varied content, eg music theory and improvisation, more experienced players may also benefit.
What is included?
This is a totally original learning journey, devised by Joanna García just for this subscription. It includes:
- Keyboard orientation and geography
- Rote learning of music
- Technique (including technical exercises) and posture
- Music reading
- Sight reading
- Music theory
- Ear training
- Interpretation and expression.
How often is new content uploaded?
A new lesson pack is added weekly. Several weeks’ lessons are already uploaded, and you have full access to ALL learning from the outset.
You can work as slowly or intensively as you choose! However, be sure to give yourself adequate practice time each week to develop your cognitive, musical and physical skills.
What is the cost?
The cost is just £15 per month, which works out at under £3.50 per lesson!
You receive a LOT of value for this token fee.
What equipment do I need?
A piano, digital piano or keyboard.
What if I’m on Joanna’s waiting list for lessons?
Perfect! You can get started without having to wait. As the course content is devised by Joanna, all the principles are the same as in lessons. The music content, however, will be different in lessons, so there is no worry about overlap.
Am I ‘tied in”?
No. You can unsubscribe at any time.
What about the music theory subscription?
That’s included for FREE with the Joanna Piano subscription!
What if I would like feedback?
It is possible to book one-off video feedback sessions with Joanna. With these, you send videos of your work for her to comment on what you’re doing well and what you could work on next!
A mini feedback session costs just £9. It is entirely up to you if you decide to book in a feedback session.
Give me 3 reasons why I should subscribe!
- This learning journey is holistic. It builds in skills from ALL aspects of musicianship. It is NOT just based on learning “tunes” as, say, a YouTube tutorial or a piano app. Building a good technique is VERY important.
- Joanna is a highly skilled pianist and performer in her own right. You are learning from a teacher with a First Class Bachelor of Music degree, two professional performance diplomas, a PGCE with Qualified Teacher Status and a wide variety of academic prizes and awards to her name. She has worked at the a Royal Northern College of Music (as she still does, but now as a freelance staff accompanist) and Chetham’s School of Music. She has also taught piano at Manchester University.
- This learning journey is meant to be enjoyable! You have the potential to make great progress by following the detailed and original guidance included in the subscription.